Omega 3 For Hair
Let us discuss the fats of life, three of them to be exact and the effects that these three have on the hair. Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) are vital to every cell in the body, including your hair and skin.
Why are Omega-3 Fatty Acids Essential For Your Hair?
Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA) is the primary fatty acid in omega-3, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), are converted from ALA. Our systems do not produce the three fatty acids so we need these three from our diet.
They are extremely important to the body in general for several vital functions. However, for hair and skin that’s another story.
- The Omega 3’s prevent hair loss effectively and also helps to restart the hair growing cycle. Both DHA and EPA are vital for the nourishment of hair follicles.
- Omega 3 will help your hair to look shinier and healthier and and gives your skin a natural glow.
- They have natural anti-inflammatory properties, which are very beneficial in skin problems such as blemishes and acne.
- Combats dry, brittle hair.
- Helps the circulation of blood on the scalp and prevents several scalp ailments such as flaky scalp, dandruff and certain hair loss conditions.
What are deficiency symptoms for omega-3 fatty acids?
Recent statistics indicate that a high percentage of people do not eat enough omega 3 fatty acids. However, the symptoms of omega-3 fatty acid deficiency are very vague, and can often be attributed to some other health conditions or nutrient deficiencies.
Consequently, few people (or their physicians, for that matter) realize that they are not consuming enough omega-3 fatty acids. The symptoms of omega-3 fatty acid deficiency include fatigue, dry and/or itchy skin, brittle hair and nails, constipation, frequent colds, depression, poor concentration, lack of physical endurance, and/or joint pain.
Omega 3 Essential Fatty Acid Sources
- Fish- oily fish such as salmon, herring, mackerel, sardines, tuna
- Fish oil
- Hemp oil
- Flax Seed
Hair Products with Omega-3 Added?
KUZA INDIAN HEMP HR/SCLP TRMT Size: 8 OZ
If you want to add Omega-3 to your homemade hair recipes or your diet, eggs and hemp products are a good place to start.