Cranberry Juice Hair Highlights Conditioner Recipe
Thanksgiving is over and you have tons of leftovers. What are you going to do with your cranberry juice? Put it in your hair of course. That’s if you want red highlights but you are reluctant to use any chemicals to get them. This recipe requires more than one application for you to see results.
1/2 cup cranberry juice (unsweetened, organic is best)
1-tablespoon cinnamon (cinnamon lightens hair and adds subtle highlights)
1 cup deep conditioner
1. Shampoo your hair as usual and dry it with the t-shirt method.
2. In a bowl put a cup of your favorite moisturizing deep conditioner, add to that a tablespoon of cinnamon powder, mix well and then gradually add the cranberry juice. Mixture should not be too watery.
3. Add the mixture to your hair (or wherever you want your highlights).
4. Put hair in plastic cap and then wrap with towel to trap heat for an hour or two or go under the dryer for 15-30 minutes. Some people leave it on overnight.
5. Wash out thoroughly with cool water. The cinnamon will leave little grains on your hair shaft so be patient when rinsing out.
6. After 3 to 4 applications you should be able to see a difference.