Hemp Butter Hair Conditioner
Are you feeling up to trying the hemp butter for yourself? Well here’s a standard recipe, you can embellish it all you want but these three ingredients should provide a fabulous conditioner for your hair.
1/4-cup hemp butter (or hemp oil)
1/2-cup shea butter
10 drops essential or fragrance oil
- Melt the shea butter and the hemp butter using the double boiler method. If using hemp oil melt only the shea butter, then add the hemp oil.
- Allow mixture to cool for about 20 minutes. For rapid cooling put melted butters in the freezer.
- Whip the butter mixture with a hand mixer or a magic bullet.
- Add essential oil or fragrance oil to the whipped mixture.
- Whip a final time until mixture has a creamy consistency.
- Bottle mixture and use as a hair or skin moisturizer.
Notes: Hemp seed oil is also one of the “driest” natural oils available, and is absorbed quickly into the skin and scalp. It is an excellent lubricant without being greasy.