This shampoo recipe contains 3 ingredients that are known to temporarily darken black hair. If you are desirous of covering your grays in a healthy way from shampoo to hair rinses. This recipe is a good first step in the right direction.
1/2 cup Liquid Castile Soap
1 tablespoon Sage Leaf (steeped in water and strained)
1 tablespoon Rosemary (steeped in water and strained)
1 tablespoon Peppermint (steeped in water and strained)
2 Black Tea Bags
1 teaspoon Olive oil (coconut oil is also a good option)
1. Boil water and steep 1 cup water to half pack of sage leaves. Do the same for rosemary and peppermint in separate non-aluminum containers for 45 minutes.
2. Steep the black tea bags in hot water in a covered container for 45 minutes.
3. Strain all your herbs and allow to cool.
4. Mix the liquid from your herbs with the liquid Castile soap and 1-teaspoon olive/coconut oil and bottle the ingredients.
5. Use instead of regular shampoo.
Results are apparent after a few uses. You can make fresh batches every two weeks.