Struggling with how to wear your halo hair extensions properly? You’re not alone; I’ve been there too. Halo hair extensions, being made from 100% natural human hair, require careful steps for effectively blending them into your own locks.
In this comprehensive guide: How to put in halo hair extensions, we’ll explore a step-by-step method that will make putting in those halo hair extensions as simple as getting dressed in the morning. With these tips under your belt, you’ll be stepping out confidently with voluminous and gorgeous tresses in no time!
What are halo hair extensions?
Halo hair extensions are a type of hair extension that are made from 100% natural human hair and have a unique design. They feature a stretchy nylon wire attached at the back, which is used to attach them to your head.
With their loop design, they can be easily placed on your head like a headband, without the need for any additional tools or clips. The halo extension sits on your head like an angel’s halo and blends seamlessly with your natural hair, giving you a voluminous and natural-looking result.
The mechanism involves a clear thin “fishing line”, attached with real human hair that perfectly integrates into yours, providing a seamless appearance. Unlike other traditional types of extensions, Halos don’t require any clips or gluing methods for attachment which makes them less damaging for your actual tresses.
They can be quickly applied at home without salon support thanks to their unique loop design but still present an undeniably glamorous effect comparable to professionally installed hair additions.
How to put in halo hair extensions?
To achieve a flawless look with your halo hair extensions, follow this step-by-step guide that will have you looking fabulous in no time. Read on to learn how to perfectly place and blend the extensions with your natural hair!
Step 1: Brushing your hair
Before putting in halo hair extensions, it’s important to ensure that your natural hair is free from tangles and knots. Start by gently brushing your hair with a wide-tooth comb or a brush specifically designed for extensions.
This helps to prevent any tangling or pulling of the extensions once they are in place. By taking this step, you’ll create a smooth base for attaching the halo extension and achieve a seamless blend between your natural hair and the added length and volume provided by the extensions.
Remember, proper preparation is key for the successful application of halo hair extensions!
Step 2: Sectioning off your hair
To ensure a seamless application of halo hair extensions, it is important to properly section off your hair. Start by combing through your natural hair to remove any tangles or knots.
Then, using a tail comb or your fingers, create a clean part in the middle of your head from your forehead all the way down to the nape of your neck. This will divide your hair into two equal sections.
Next, take one side and clip it away so that you have access to the other section. Take a small amount of hair from this section at the crown and gently twist it up and secure it with a clip or bobby pin.
Repeat this process on both sides until you have created four twisted sections on each side.
Step 3: Placing the halo hair extensions
To place the Halo Hair Extension, start by brushing your hair to remove any tangles or knots. Then, section off your hair by creating a horizontal parting about an inch above your ears.
This will help create a base for the halo extension to sit on.
Next, hold the halo extension with both hands and position it at the back of your head. Place it over the crown area so that it sits comfortably against your scalp. Make sure that the stretchy nylon wire is positioned along your hairline.
Once you have positioned the halo extension correctly, gently push it forward toward your forehead until it feels secure and snug against your head. The weight of the extensions should be evenly distributed around your head.
Step 4: Blending the extension with your natural hair
Now it’s time to blend the halo hair extension with your natural hair for a seamless look. To achieve this, start by gently combing through your hair and extensions with a wide-toothed comb or brush.
This will help remove any tangles and ensure that both your natural hair and the extension are evenly distributed.
Next, section off a small portion of your natural hair at the crown of your head. You can use clips to keep it separate from the rest of your hair. This will create a base for the halo extension to sit on.
Then, carefully place the halo extension on top of the sectioned-off area, making sure that it is centered properly around your head. Use a mirror to check that it is sitting at the right height and position.
Once you have positioned the halo extension correctly, release your clipped-off section of natural hair and let it fall over the wire of the halo. This will help cover up any visible parts while also ensuring that everything looks seamless.
Tips for wearing halo hair extensions
To achieve a natural look, make sure to choose halo hair extensions that match your hair color and texture.
1. Style and maintain halo hair extensions
Styling and maintaining Halo Hair Extensions is essential to ensure they look natural and last longer. Here are some tips to help you style and care for your halo extensions:
- Use heat protectant: Before using any heated styling tools, apply a heat protectant spray on your halo extensions to prevent damage from high temperatures.
- Style before putting them on: It’s easier to style your natural hair and the halo extensions separately before attaching them. This way, you won’t have to worry about tangling or damaging the extensions while trying to achieve your desired look.
- Curl or straighten as desired: Halo extensions can be styled with curling irons, straighteners, or other heated styling tools. Remember to use low to medium heat settings and avoid applying excessive amounts of heat directly onto the nylon wire.
- Avoid heavy products: Heavy styling products such as gels or waxes can weigh down the halo extensions and make them appear unnatural. Opt for lightweight serums or sprays instead to add shine or hold without weighing down the hair.
- Brush gently: Use a wide-toothed comb or a brush designed for hair extensions to detangle your halo hair gently. Start from the ends and work your way up to avoid causing unnecessary tension on the nylon wire.
- Store properly when not in use: Keep your halo extensions free from tangles by storing them in a satin-lined box or using a hanger with clips specifically designed for hair extensions. Avoid folding or squishing them, as this can cause damage.
- Wash with care: When washing your halo extensions, use sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners specifically formulated for human hair extensions. Gently massage the product into the hair, rinse thoroughly, and let them air dry flat.
- Moisturize regularly: Just like natural hair, halo extensions need moisture too! Spritz a leave-in conditioner onto the lengths of the extensions to keep them soft, shiny, and hydrated.
- Avoid excessive brushing: While regular brushing is necessary to maintain your halo extensions, avoid over-brushing as it can cause unnecessary shedding. Brush gently and only when needed.
- Take them off before bed: Removing your halo extensions before sleeping is highly recommended to prevent tangling or damage while you toss and turn during the night.
2. Ensure a secure fit
To ensure a secure fit for your halo hair extensions, there are a few key steps you can follow. First, make sure your natural hair is clean and dry before putting on the extensions.
This will help the wire stay in place and prevent slippage throughout the day.
Next, brush your natural hair thoroughly to remove any knots or tangles. This will create a smooth base for attaching the halo extension and prevent any pulling or discomfort.
When placing the halo extension on your head, be sure to position it low at the nape of your neck. This ensures that it sits securely against your scalp and won’t shift or move around.
Once fitted, gently pull down on sections of your own hair over the top of each side of the extension. This helps to blend it seamlessly with your natural hair, creating a more realistic look.
3. Achieve a natural look is a key
When it comes to wearing halo hair extensions, achieving a natural look is key. You want your extensions to seamlessly blend with your natural hair, creating a flawless and undetectable result.
To achieve this, start by matching the color of your extensions to your own hair color as closely as possible. This will ensure that the transition between your natural hair and the extensions is smooth and seamless.
Next, take the time to properly blend the halo extension with your own hair. Use a brush or comb to gently tease small sections of your hair near the root, then layer them over the wire of the halo extension.
This will help disguise any visible lines or gaps between your natural hair and the extension.
Another tip for achieving a natural look is to style both your natural hair and the halo extension together. This means curling or straightening both at once so that they have a similar texture and appearance.
1. How do I choose the right halo hair extensions for my hair?
To choose the right halo hair extensions, consider factors such as your hair color, length, and texture. Look for extensions that closely match your natural hair and ensure they are made with high-quality materials for a seamless blend.
2. Can I put in halo hair extensions by myself or do I need professional help?
Halo hair extensions are designed to be easily applied by yourself without the need for professional assistance. With a little practice, you can quickly learn how to adjust and secure the halo extension comfortably on your head.
3. What steps should I follow to put in halo hair extensions correctly?
To put in halo hair extensions correctly, start by brushing out your natural hair and removing any tangles. Then, place the extension on top of your head like a headband and gently pull down sections of your natural hair over the wire to hide it effectively. Finally, style as desired for a seamless look.
4. How long can I keep my halo hair extensions in before needing to remove them?
You can typically wear halo hair extenions all day long without experiencing discomfort or needing to remove them throughout the day. However, it is recommended not to sleep with them on to prevent tangling or any potential damage to both your natural hair and the extensions themselves.
In conclusion, putting in halo hair extensions is a simple and hassle-free process that can instantly transform your look. By following the step-by-step guide provided and using the tips and tricks mentioned, you can easily achieve a secure fit and natural blend with your own hair.
With halo hair extensions, you can effortlessly add length, volume, and style to your hair without any professional help or tools. So go ahead, give it a try and rock those stunning hairstyles with confidence!